Thursday, July 3, 2008

Buy me some Peanuts & Cracker Jacks!



Well peanuts and nachos anyway! I love summertime! Baseball, ice cold watermelon, baseball and more baseball. Did I mention that I absolutely LOVE Baseball? I think I did! You can never get enough of it. I have tons of pictures to upload this weekend. It is America's pastime and there is just absolutely no better way to celebrate America's Birthday than a good ole dose of BASEBALL! oh and my wonderful family down at Lake Bruin! I can't wait! I am going to take lots of pictures of that and can't wait to share. My Dad is really going to love this post because guess what.....he loves BASEBALL! My brother, sister and I were practically raised on a baseball field somewhere and I wouldn't have it any other way. Whether it was rooting my brother to victory, trying to play t-ball or rooting my sister to victory. I just love it! One softball game that comes to mind is when my sister's team...Angus was in the championship ballgame and my sister Katie hits the ball and it goes right in front of the pitcher's mound. Well the girl didn't even get a chance to pick up the ball before Katie crossed homeplate! Katie won the championship! Another young lady on the infamous Angus softball squad is someone you might have heard of around Monroe. She is now in the WNBA playing for the Detroit Shock with the likes of Cheryl Ford (Karl Malone's daughter). She is incredible. Her name is Chrissy Givens. I just happen to have a picture of her...here you go.....


This is when Chrissy came to play at ULM at her last "home" game. I put home in quotes because she actually played for Middle Tennessee before she went and played in Turkey and now the WNBA! Let me just say she blew the lights out of the Fant Ewing Coliseum. She was awesome! I am just so proud of her. She will do well in the WNBA.
I love women's basketball. I get all into and Coach Mona Martin can tell you! I am their #1 fan! I love that sport. Now the men....they make me a little nervous. I have gotten better about it though. I am working on it! Well that is just about it for this post! I went from one sport to another! Wow....how exciting!
Oh I want to say this because this is very close to my heart. I know most of us have a short week this week at work and I want all of us to take 5 minutes of our day tomorrow to remember why. Remember that while we have bar-b-ques and drink a little beer and go out on the lake or whatever to enjoy ourselves that at that exact moment there are brave men and women fighting for our right to do what we do. Please be proud and wear your red, white & blue with pride!
Keep waving your red, white & blue!
Much love,
Erin

No comments: