Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Clark Family Experience in Nashville

So my first full day in Nashville started off incredibly. Me and Cousin Anna Beth headed out to Loveless Cafe. I know some people have heard of Carol Faye the Biscuit Lady from Food Network's Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Photobucket
Well we ordered our wonderful food....It was so good and trust me...Ms. Carol PhotobucketFay knows how to make those biscuits!!! Well I am not a shy person so we get to start talking to this gentleman seated next to us and we ended up talking for a good while. Well by the end of the conversation I ended up knowing him. His name is Mr. Bulldog and I forgot his sweet wife's name. They are incredible people. Mr. Bulldog's brother-in-law is the fiddle player for The Clark Brothers formerly The Clark Family Experience. Several years ago The Clark Family Experience toured with Tim McGraw. They also came to Swampstock with Tim and put on a great performance. Me and Anna Beth were so excited and she knew somehow in the conversation I was going to make a McGraw connection somewhere and we did it right off the bat! Oh they had their most precious grandson with them....he was so cute!

Photobucket

Then Friday we decide to go to the house (Steven & Charlie's house) after breakfast and get a shower and get dressed to go do the tourist thing. Man that was so cool to see all the places that your favorite artist got their start.
Photobucket
That is a pic of us down Broadway. Very cool! When we were hopping around Broadway we decided to hit Tootsie's and we of course had to rename the place. My family has always called me Tootie. I don't know why but that is the family name for me...well that is now the name of Tootsie's...in our family anyway. We met some incredible people of Nashville and this is another person......
PhotobucketHere we are toasting the town! His name was Tim. He plays in bands and he has played with several of my favorite country music stars. Very nice gentleman! Tim had some of his friends with him and please forgive me because I don't remember their names. We had so much fun. After that we got a little hungry so we stopped here....
Photobucket

It's a little big joint called Jack's Bar-b-que. And yes they were better than my Dad's bar-b-que ribs!!! They were so good! There is just something about Tennessee bar-b-que that tastes so dang good! I love you Dad! Had to do that. I have to have somewhere to sleep tonight...lol! Before we even left to go to Nashville I got a message from Steven and he had just one request....please take a picture of my girlfriend in a cowboy hat. Well Steven your request has been fulfilled!
Photobucket
Well we went on to see the Ryman Auditorium....had to make my Opry Debut...what an awesome crowd I got to play to! loL!
Photobucket

Well I have come to the end of this post...I want to leave you with some beautiful pics of the city of Nashville Tennessee. If you are a country music fan and never been to Nashville please start planning your vacation! It is imperative. It is so awesome. The picture above is so awesome to me because that is the same stage that Minnie Pearl, Gene Autry, Hank Williams, Sr., Elvis, Patsy Cline and all my favorite country music stars once stood. It was just an emotional experience.
I also need to take time and thank each and every person that we met or had anything to do with planning and helping me make my dreams come true during my trip. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. It truly means a lot. I love Nashville and one day I will be back again. Not to sing but to have a great time! Thank you Steven for loaning us your home, Charlie for being an awesome tour guide and making sure we ate great food, Anna Beth for being the awesome cousin and most excellent tour guide, Uncle Gray for helping me get on that plane and just being there during my travels to make sure I always got to the right gate and on time! THANK YOU!


I leave you now with awesome views of the city and just awesomeness! Enjoy!
Photobucket\

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am sure I have repeated pictures but it is so beautiful I can't help it!
Until next time....keep waving your red, white, & blue!
Much love,
Erin

No comments: